Additional Fees

Update by user Dec 02, 2018

After the initial event, I contacted the state regulatory agency, and they contacted Ferrellgas to assess the accuracy of the delivery truck's meter, which was pretty much irrelevant, since the leak that I observed was after the meter.A Ferrellgas representative then called me and said that if there was a problem with the truck's meter that they would credit me for the discrepancy. I informed him that the leak that I observed was after the meter and, thus, would not have been detected by a problem with the meter.

He informed me that such a leak would have amounted to less than a gallon of liquid propane. Of course, I have no way to assess the truth of such an assertion.Anyway, the state found that the truck's meter (which, again, was never in question) was accurate, and Ferrellgas has never contacted me about the matter, again.

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2018

When they delivered gas to my tank, their connector was leaking. When I pointed out that I was paying for that leak, their driver was unconcerned.

Furthermore, they volume corrected the delivery to 60 degrees Fahrenheit, even though the temperature was only about 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

When they started my fill, my tank was at about 45%. They ended it before my tank was completely full (at less than 80%). Thus, the maximum expected delivery amount would have been 350 gallons, but they charged me for 424.2 gallons.

That is an overcharge of more than 21%. To put it into perspective, I was only supposed to be charged $1.099 per gallon, but their effective overcharge amounts to $1.332 per gallon.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ferrellgas Propane Tank Refill.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Being cheated.

Comments

The meter measuring gallons is inspected by your state Weights and Measures Department. Complain to them.

AnyPigeon
to Anonymous #1591419

Thanks. Yes, I did that.

Before I did that, I contacted Ferrellgas' customer service department, and they ensured me that their meter is accurate.

However, the leak is after their meter. Thus, I would be paying for all of the gas that they leaked into the atmosphere.